Tuesday 16 July 2013

Tuesdays Sunrise





The screeching feeding swifts woke me up early this morning so I could see the sunrise. Mon night did nothing but sit on the terrace and talk, and drink cold wine. Too tired to cook so had crisps for tea, er slight diet mistake there....we did have a few carrots as well? We watched the light change as we turned away from the sun and eventually the mountains got swallowed by the city lights, as they do every evening. I kept thinking it was a mist coming in from the hills but its the city lights creeping up obscuring the mountains....fascinating I know sorry! We eat out every night (but not always crisps) when its too dark we go to bed, pretty simple. 
This city for me, especially up here (which feels like the country!) is about watching the light change, so I guess it must be about the light. I never put Barcelona down as the city of light but with the dark streets and strong sun I guess it can be about the contrasts as well. Ironically its now too hot and I am sitting in the dark but this morning I watched us turn towards the sun and I watched the swallows with my head hanging over into the street valley below, they treated me as another bit of cliff and zoomed so close but all the time I was pretty confident they wouldn't bump into me!












  












No comments:

Post a Comment